I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT). I believe in working with the whole person which includes mind, body and spirit. Each of us is part of a larger picture that includes our families, cultures and/or communities. These connections can provide strengths and possible limitations as well. In our sessions together, I will actively listen to you, as you identify your obstacles, fears, hopes and desired goals. Utilizing various theories and techniques I will assist you in finding your answers within. I may assign targeted actions between sessions, depending on the presenting issues and the solutions we design together.
I work with individuals, couples and families with children of all ages. I enjoy working with clients with a wide variety of concerns, including but not limited to:
- Premarital/pre-committment assessments
- Relationship enhancement
- Reproductive Health
- Coming out issues for self and family
- Life transitions
- Grief and Loss
- Gender Exploration
- Depression and anxiety
- Effects of addiction on self and family
I believe in tailoring our work to your specific needs, consequently my style and techniques may vary somewhat from person to person.
It is by working in an interactive, collaborative and supportive style that I am most effective in guiding you toward your desired results.
- BA, Mount Holyoke College, South Hadley MA
- MA, Marriage and Family Therapy, St Mary’s University, Minneapolis MN
- Certificate of Child Abuse Prevention, Level I, University of Minnesota Twin Cities
- Member of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
Fees and Services
- Individual sessions are 50 minutes in length $120
- Family and couple sessions are 80 minutes in length $180
- Pre-commitment/Pre-marital program $540 ( Cost includes assessment tools and four 80 minute sessions )
Payment is given at the beginning of each session. If you would like to utilize your insurance, I will give you a form to submit to them for reimbursement. Many clients choose to use their Health Savings Account and I am happy to assist with this. For your convenience, credit cards are accepted as well as personal checks or cash should you prefer. Phone: (612) 419-8764
– Minneapolis Therapist Trisha Falvey, MA LMFT – Credentials